Wasabi Ginger Salmon
- 4 (8-ounce) sashimi-grade salmon filets
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- (Optional) Kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons of Dried Ginger
- 3/4 cup Pickled Ginger (I prefer the pink for no real reason)
- 6 tablespoons wasabi powder mixed with water to a paste or 6 tablespoons real wasabi paste
- 1/2 cup top-quality soy sauce
- Rub each filet with one teaspoon of dried ginger
- (Optional) Rub each filet with salt.
- Store in refrigerator at least 1 hour but no more than 4 hours.
- Start your grill; the fire should be quite hot (you should barely be able to hold your hand over it).
- Brush the filets lightly with the sesame oil.
- Put the salmon on the grill and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Turn the filet 90 degrees to get a pattern on the cooked side. DO NOT FLIP!
- Cook an additional 3-4 minutes or until a dark-brown crispy skin forms.
- Remove filets and place rare side down on serving plate.
- Let stand 4-8 minutes.
- Serve with the pickled ginger, wasabi, and soy sauce for dipping.
When I make this for a regular meal, I halve the recipe and make one 16 oz filet (as seen in the photo) and let my family cut what they want off of the filet. I serve it with bismati rice and a stir fry of multi colored peppers, onions and green beans.