Grandma's Leftover Veggie Soup
From Oranges Blues
Revision as of 10:15, 22 February 2019 by Pat Moss
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1 package of ground turkey breast
- Leftover chicken or turkey meat
- 2 stalks of lemon grass, sliced as thin as you can
- 1 yellow onion sliced pole to pole
- 4 large carrots cut into chunks
- 1 large bag of frozen veggies
- Leftover veggies (anything really)
- 1 bunch of green onion
- Herbes de Provence
- Brown the ground turkey and whatever leftover meat you are using. Once the meat starts to cook, add the sliced yellow onion and the Herbes de Provence.
- Be sure to thoroughly cook and brown the meat, this the key to the flavor.
- Combine the chicken stock and sliced lemon grass and heat to boiling.
- Add the above mixture to the cooking meat
- Top with enough water to cover everything by at least 2 inches
- Deglaze the pot
- Add the canned tomatoes and frozen veggies to the pot
- Add the carrot chunks
- Bring all to a boil
- Drop to lowest possible heat and let simmer for 2 hours