From Oranges Blues
Revision as of 12:24, 24 November 2018 by Pat Moss
- 2 Packages of Rice Paper Wrappers (banh trang) (50)
- 2 tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
- ¾ lb of Chicken
- ¾ lb of Raw Shrimp - shelled and finely chopped
- 1 Large Onion - diced
- 1½ cups of fresh coriander -loosely packed
- 3 packages of Bean Curd Vermicelli
- 2 cups of Bean Sprouts - coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup Dried Vegetables - (fungi and seaweed)
- ¾ cup Dried Brown Chinese Mushrooms and Water
- 1 cucumber
- ½ cup chopped basil
- ¼ Cup Nuuc Nam Nhi (clear fish sauce)
- ½ Cup Lemon Juice
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Chilli Paste
- 2 table spoons of Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Garlic
- 1 Cup of Shredded Mint
- 1 Cup of Sliced Cucumber
- 3 Cups of Torn Bite-sized pieces of Lettuce
- ½ Cup of Sprouts (optional)
- Mix dry mushrooms and seaweed, add in basin and cover with water - allow to soak until soft
- Soak the vermicelli in cool water to soften.
- Drain the mushroom/seaweed.
- Using your food grinder, mince the chicken, shrimp, mushrooms, seaweed, onions and cilantro.
- Drain the vermicelli.
- Chop the vermicelli and thoroughly mix all ingredients (except sprouts) using hands to press the mixture together
- Rinse and drain spouts, then add to mix and blend in all ingredient thoroughly
- Place 2½ tablespoons of mix in one corner of spring roll shell and roll - making sure the mix in enveloped
- Fry in oil about 5 minutes - ensuring that the exposed ends are sealed by the oil.
- Serve with salad and dipping sauce.